Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A blog by any other name.

The captain has turned on the fasten seatbelt light. (Get it, like a plane analogy?)

In all seriousness, welcome to my shiny new blog. I'm hesitant to call it a "blog" for the simple reason that writing blogs requires a quick-wit and funny anecdotes about small children and waiting in lines at the grocery store, but because I'm using Blogspot as a host it appears I've been labeled. "But Alex, why are you writing a blog if you don't intend to supply us with anecdotes about shopping excursions?", you may ask. Well, here's why I'm here:

Next year I'm leaving Catholic School and transfering to The Louisiana School for Math, Science, and the Arts. Today is my last day among the upper-middle-class white girls (with all of the church services and estrogen that comes along with them), and now I'm pulling up my roots and going to the dark side: public liberal arts boarding school. So, this blog is my account of what happens (the good, bad, and the weird). This is sounding like the set-up for a bad reality show.

Next week I finish final exams. The next day I'll be grabbing Anneke (bestie and fellow new LSMSA student extraordinaire) and heading to Natchitoches, Louisiana for four days of orientation among our future classmates. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

5 comments:

  1. HA! YOU MISSPELLED FOCUS IN YOUR ABOUT ME SECTION! < /end caps>

    Interesting blog so far--with hand-drawn art, I see XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, first comment :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you judge my spelling. Or my English-class doodles. XP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this kind of like going to Hogwarts? I mean...what a dramatic and radical change of lifestyle and environment. Well...at least I'll have a new source for good meatpies, that is if 2 veggies can ride in the same care with a carcass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww, it's okay Alex. Nothing exciting happens to me at the grocery store either. :(


    P.s. Sorry if this is a double (or perhaps triple- quadruple!?) post, blogspot and I are having some issues together. I probably shouldn't have called him a slut. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete